Oldham-Trimble Baptist Association exists to bring God honor by supporting local Baptist churches in the Oldham County and Trimble County area. By teaming together we accomplish ministry in Jesus’ name more effectively than we ever could individually. Our top priorities are…
- helping our existing churches maintain strong, effective ministries that flourish and meet the needs of people in their communities and beyond;
- planting new churches to meet the needs of our area that is growing at a rate of 38% over the decade of the 1990’s;
- mobilizing our churches and volunteers to be involved in God’s Kingdom ministry at home and around the world.
To give some examples of how we do this…
- OTBA offers training events that help church members grow in their spiritual lives and ministry capabilities from such things as training workshops to Christian counseling to opportunities to grow through service;
- Oldham-Trimble volunteers have helped some of our churches expand their facilities or put on a new roof so that they might have a better tool for serving the Lord and their community;
- Twelve years ago two Oldham-Trimble churches partnered together to sponsor Centerfield Church, which now is a self-supporting church with a growing, effective ministry.;
- Ballardsville is the sponsor church for Iglesia Bautista Nuevo Amanecer (New Dawn Baptist Church), a Hispanic church start meeting in our Baptist Ministry Center. They are supported by seven other OTBA churches that join them in providing financial support for the Hispanic church pastor.
- OTBA leaders helped organize the first Repair Affairs for Oldham and Trimble counties, providing much-needed home repairs for homeowners that could not otherwise afford them. Last year, at least one-half of the 100+ volunteers in each county’s project came from OTBA churches, with a number of our churches contributing financially to purchase materials for the repairs for the twenty-two homes on which volunteers worked.
- Beulah Land Baptist, Ballardsville Baptist and a sizable network of volunteers work together to help meet food needs of persons throughout our area.
Oldham-Trimble realizes the growth potential of this area and is excited about showing all people the love and mercy of Jesus Christ!
The Salazar Fund was created to encourage and assist Oldham-Trimble Baptists to go on short term volunteer international mission trips. For more information, click here to go to the Salazar Memorial Trust page.